Ingredients55 m servings 454 cals
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in the fettuccine, bring back to a boil, and cook pasta over medium heat until cooked through but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Reserve about 1/2 cup cooking water and drain pasta.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir 1 clove garlic in hot oil until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add zucchini and red pepper flakes. Continue to cook and stir until zucchini are tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a large bowl and cover with aluminum foil.
- Season chicken breast halves with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat in the same skillet used to cook zucchini. Pan-fry chicken in hot oil until juices run clear and center is no longer pink, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate and cut into strips. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Whisk milk and flour together in a bowl.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large saucepan; cook and stir remaining 1 clove garlic in hot oil until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in flour mixture and bring to a boil while stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking and stirring for 2 minutes. Stir Parmesan cheese, evaporated milk, and 1/2 teaspoon salt into the flour mixture, stirring until cheese is melted and sauce is heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Toss pasta, chicken strips, zucchini, and parsley into sauce, adding reserved cooking water as needed if sauce is too thick.
Per Serving: 454 calories; 15 g fat; 48.8 g carbohydrates; 33.8 g protein; 59 mg cholesterol; 479 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
This was a delicious dinner. I only had one zucchini so I added mushrooms as well, which added a nice and simple little variety of vegetables. Thanks for sharing :-)
Yum! I made the sauce exactly as written and topped with left over chicken from a previous meal. Served over fettuccine with a side salad. The kids loved it. thank you!
I added broccoli to mine! Love the red pepper flakes!! It gives this recipe the spicy touch
Really delicious just the way it is. A little better for you than versions that use heavy cream or half and half. For the pasta I used sweet potato gnocchi (store bought) and added them right ...
This was great! I admit I used bottled alfredo sauce. I also added mushrooms and roasted grape tomatoes. Delicious!
Made it Gluten Free by using Penna GF pasta. I didn't have two small zucchini so I used a large one which ended up being 4 cups of zucchini. It was yummy and I definitely will make it again. ...
I made this recipe much healthier and my husband and I loved it! I used sliced mushrooms and not zucchini. I used skim condensed milk and unsweetened almond milk . And instead of pasta I used ...
This was a fantastic recipe!! Everyone who tried it raved about it. I used my own Alfredo recipe instead though.