Ingredients20 m servings 344
- Put bread crumbs into a shallow dish.
- Gently press tilapia fillets into bread crumbs to coat. Gently toss between your hands so any bread crumbs that haven't stuck can fall away. Place the breaded tilapia onto a plate while breading the rest; do not stack.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook tilapia in hot oil until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer cooked fillets to a plate.
- Top each fillet with salsa; cook in microwave to get the salsa hot, about 15 seconds.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 344 calories; 14.4 24.1 27.5 41 365 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
Easiest fish recipe, great for a quick weeknight dinner. Though I will admit that my "pan fried" version was actually baked... Delicious and healthy result.
No changes, I agree this is super just the way it is! No need to change a thing. Will be my favorite way to have fish now!
I made this tonight with a few modifications... I used coconut oil and granulated garlic. Topped with homemade salsa and paired with a pasta salad. Delish!
FWIW, we beat a couple eggs together with a little soy sauce, garlic, pepper, and lemon. We dunked the tilapia in the sauce mixture, then breaded both sides. It helps the breading stick better...
Very good. I wasn't sure about the salsa at first, but my wife and I were pleasantly surprised. Will definitely make again. I added about 1 tsp of Montreal Steak Spice to the bread crumbs, and p...
This is the best Tilapia recipe I've tried. The only change I made was to dip the fish in egg, & Panko instead of Italian bread crumbs (which I will try next time), only because Panko is a famil...
Fast and east! Hubby enjoyed even thought he's not much of a fish eater. Followed directions except we heated the salsa separately and added it at the table, and hubby added salt. Will be making...