Ingredients1 h servings 439 cals
- Shred chicken with a fork in a bowl and add hot sauce; stir to combine.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onions and celery in melted butter until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Mix water, flour, milk, and chicken bouillon in a large pot until smooth. Add processed cheese, shredded chicken, and onion mixture.
- Heat soup over low heat until cheese is melted, about 30 minutes. Stir often.
- Cook's Note:
- Add more hot sauce or some Tabasco® if you desire a little more kick. I normally double the recipe and it fits nicely in a 5-quart slow cooker for luncheons.
Per Serving: 439 calories; 24.7 g fat; 19.4 g carbohydrates; 33.4 g protein; 116 mg cholesterol; 1845 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
WE LOVED THIS!!!! I only used 1/2 cup flour and chicken broth in place of the water/boullion b/c I had that on hand (I actually used a 32oz. carton). Also, I do not use canned chicken, so I used...
I only used 1/2 cup of flour and I got pepper Jack cheese but man was this delicious!! I also added salt and pepper to taste but two thumbs up on this one. Serve it with some garlic bread for di...