Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 108
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Layer eggplant slices in a bowl, sprinkling salt onto each layer. Set aside for 30 minutes. Spread a layer of paper towel on a work surface; drain eggplant slices on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Mix diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, artichoke hearts, and roasted red peppers in a bowl.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat; toast pine nuts, stirring occasionally, in the hot skillet until fragrant and lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir toasted pine nuts, garlic, parsley, basil, oregano, and black pepper into tomato mixture using a fork.
- Spread a layer of eggplant in the bottom of the prepared baking dish; spoon 1/3 the tomato mixture atop eggplant layer. Sprinkle 1/3 the red onion, 1/3 the mozzarella, and 1/3 the Pecorino-Romano cheese over tomato layer. Repeat layering until all ingredients are used.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and golden brown, about 40 minutes.
You might also like
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 108 calories; 5 14 5.2 3 504 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This just didn’t work out exceptionally well. Made as written except for subbing dry for unavailable fresh oregano. It took about 15 minutes more bake time to soften the eggplant ‘rounds’ toward...