Rack of Lamb with Blueberry Sauce
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 831
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Season lamb generously with salt and black pepper. Heat oil over medium-high heat in an oven-proof skillet. Sear lamb on all sides until well browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Turn off heat. Remove lamb to a platter.
- Mix together Dijon mustard, rosemary, cinnamon, and cumin in a small bowl. Spread a thin layer of the mustard mixture on each rack of lamb.
- Place chopped shallots and pinch of salt into the same skillet. Cook and stir over medium-heat until shallots begin to lose moisture and become browned and soft, about 5 minutes. Add blueberries and continue cooking for about 2 minutes. Stir in red wine, turn off heat, and stir mixture to deglaze the pan.
- Place the racks of lamb into the skillet and interlace the rib bones together to push the lamb racks close together, leaving a lamb bone "zipper" in the center. Place the lamb racks into the center of the skillet. Season with a pinch of black pepper.
- Place skillet in pre-heated oven and roast lamb until internal temperature reaches 125 degrees F (52 degrees C) for medium-rare, about 20 minutes.
- Remove lamb to a cutting board to rest about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar into the blueberry sauce; add a pinch of salt. Turn heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer to reduce sauce by half, about 4 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in butter. When butter is melted, check seasonings and add more salt if needed.
- Slice racks into pieces of 2 ribs each. Serve topped with a spoonful of the blueberry sauce.
Per Serving: 831 calories; 62.1 10.4 44.9 202 238 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 21
OMG! Very good and easy to prepare. Followed recipe and video exactly and turned out great.
I watched the video, read the recipe and improvised with the ingredients in my pantry. I found this recipe because I had bought my first rack of lamb and wanted a good starter recipe. This was...
Purchased a half rack of lamb, and used it instead of a full rack,. My husband loved it. I had rosemary on hand frozen from my herb garden, so chopped that up along with the shallots. Onions mi...
Followed recipe and video, it was delicious... I could eat an entire rack myself, too bad I had kids to feed. Everyone loved it but I’m still hungry...
I love a good rack of lamb and this was as good as any I've ever had in a restaurant. Keep an eye on the meat temperature…it only took about 15 minutes for
OMG these were fantastic and simple to make, for a little more of a savory flavor I added a sprig of rosemary to the sauce while they were cooking in the oven, served with oven roasted garlic ca...
This sauce is delicious!! Substituted lamb for pork chops and it came out perfect! Add about 8 or 9 minutes to oven cooking time (until internal temp is 145 Farenheit). Thanks so much!!
This is all about the Blueberry Beurre Sauce and the Dijon glaze, which are both simply amazing. Incredible!!!