Ingredients55 m servings 451 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Mix white sugar, flour, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Combine 1/2 cup butter, vegetable oil, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and stir into flour mixture.
- Beat buttermilk, eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, and baking soda together in a bowl; mix into chocolate mixture. Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Combine 1/2 cup butter, milk, and 3 tablespoons cocoa powder in a saucepan; bring to a boil and remove from heat. Whisk in confectioners' sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Fold in pecans.
- Sprinkle marshmallows over slightly cooled cake; pour warm icing over marshmallows. Cool cake before serving.
Per Serving: 451 calories; 19.8 g fat; 67.1 g carbohydrates; 3.5 g protein; 44 mg cholesterol; 158 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Very nice cake. I decided to make cupcakes, as I was taking this to work, and ended up with a lot of cupcakes, so bear that in mind if you want cupcakes as well! I didn't make the frosting as ...
I made this for Father's Day. It is delicious and deserves 5 stars. The cake itself is very moist and I baked it 40 minutes instead of the 25 minutes as stated in the recipe. Made the frosting a...
The cake is absolutely delicious!! The frosting was really good too but made the overall recipe too sweet for my personal tastes. Very rich and decadent dessert.
If you're gonna go to all the trouble to make a REAL Mississippi Mud Cake then look no further! This is the best you'll get. OH SO RICH, DENSE AND YUMMY. MAKE IT! YOU WON'T REGRET IT...BUT YOUR ...