Mahogany Grilled Baby Back Ribs
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"My mom first made these ribs many years ago, and I added it to my recipe collection at that time. This recipe is some extra work, so over the years I have looked for a recipe that might be just as good, but not as much work. I have given up the search! These ribs have now become a family favorite and I conclude, they are worth the extra time!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h servings 407
Original recipe yields 9 servings
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion, carrot, and 2 cloves minced garlic in the hot oil until onion is softened, about 10 minutes. Pour pineapple juice into onion mixture; bring to a boil. Add ribs, 2 tablespoons hot sauce, and bay leaf. Pour in enough chicken broth to cover ribs. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until ribs are tender, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and cool ribs in the cooking liquid until no longer steaming; discard cooking liquid.
- Combine plum sauce, tomato paste, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon hot sauce, red wine vinegar, lime juice, ginger, and 3 cloves minced garlic in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until flavors combine and glaze is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Place ribs in a bowl; generously brush ribs with glaze. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and marinate ribs in the refrigerator for 2 hours to overnight. Reserve extra glaze in the refrigerator for basting.
- Remove ribs from refrigerator and bring to room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Grill ribs, basting occasionally with glaze, on the preheated grill until the meat pulls away easily from the bone, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the glaze ingredients. The actual amount of the glaze consumed will vary.
- Cook's Note:
- If doing a large quantity of ribs, simmer ribs in a large roast pan in the oven at 400 degrees (200 degrees C) for at least 60 minutes instead of stove top.
Per Serving: 407 calories; 23.3 30.8 18.4 80 1203 Full nutrition