Ingredients55 m servings 458
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion in the melted butter until tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place bread cubes in a bowl; pour 1/2 cup evaporated milk over bread cubes. Set aside until bread cubes absorb milk.
- Mix ground beef, ground pork, cooked onion, bread cube mixture, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, nutmeg, allspice, salt, lemon pepper, and ground black pepper together in a large bowl. Form mixture into golf ball-sized meatballs.
- Heat olive oil in the same skillet used for onion over medium-high heat; cook meatballs in the hot oil, turning with tongs, until all sides are browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Pour in beef stock and simmer until meatballs are cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer meatballs to a serving bowl, reserving liquid in the skillet.
- Remove 1 cup beef stock from skillet; whisk flour into the 1 cup stock until smooth. Pour flour mixture back into skillet, whisking until mixture is smooth. Gradually whisk remaining evaporated milk and sherry into beef stock mixture. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until gravy is warmed and smooth, 5 to 10 minutes. Pour gravy over meatballs to serve.
Per Serving: 458 calories; 30.7 16.5 27 142 656 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
I ended up using frozen Swedish meatballs from BJ's (Wellsely farms brand) and then picked up the recipe at step 4. Yum! The sauce is the star for sure. I warmed the frozen meatballs in the bro...
These were pretty good. The meatballs were a little to soft and didn't really hold their shape very well. Less milk maybe. I simmered the meatballs in the gravy to finish them off.
Followed the recipe - very delicious. I see what some cooks mentioned about the meatballs being a little mushy, but just be gentle with them, they will be tender and not taste like something fro...
I used heavy cream instead of the evaporated milk, left out the wine and used all ground beef. It was delicious!
I've tried to make meatballs before but have never managed to keep them together or get them to taste nice. This recipe is fantastic easy to follow and amazing end results. The gravy is to die f...
I followed closely as possible. I added cardamom instead of lemon pepper. So good!
I made this for my husband who is of Swedish ancestry, I added about 1 cup of sour cream to gravy- he LOVED it! Excellent recipe~