Easy Paneer Tikka
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 42 m servings 218 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Line a fine-mesh strainer with muslin or cheesecloth and set inside a small bowl. Pour in yogurt; let drain for 15 minutes. Discard liquid.
- Mix drained yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice, turmeric, chile powder, cumin, garam masala, and salt together in bowl. Add paneer, onion, and green bell pepper and mix well. Marinade for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Skewer marinated paneer, onion, and bell pepper onto metal skewers. Grill until vegetables are soft and cheese is browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Brush with vegetable oil and grill for 1 minute more.
- Mix onion rings with green chutney and serve with skewers.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute butter for the oil if preferred.
- Tikka should ideally be cooked in a charcoal grill for its distinctive smoky flavor. It can, however, be cooked on an electric grill as well, or even in a nonstick skillet.
Per Serving: 218 calories; 7 g fat; 27.8 g carbohydrates; 10.8 g protein; 11 mg cholesterol; 419 mg sodium. Full nutrition