Ingredients35 m servings 962 cals
- Place the bacon in a skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon pieces on paper towels; retain bacon drippings in skillet.
- Brush 1 side of each bread slice with bacon drippings and the other side of bread slices with 1 teaspoon butter. Use a paper towel to wipe remaining drippings from skillet.
- Lay a piece of bread, buttered side down, on a plate. Sprinkle with half the green onions and spread half the Havarti cheese, all the ham, remaining Havarti cheese, remaining half of the green onions, and remaining bread slice with buttered side up.
- Pan-fry the sandwich until bread is toasted golden brown and Havarti cheese has melted, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Melt remaining 2 teaspoons butter in skillet over medium heat. Gently crack eggs into hot butter and cook until whites are set and yolks are runny. Gently turn eggs over and cook just until tops of egg whites are set (for over easy eggs).
- Pull the sandwich apart between ham slices and lay tomato slices, romaine lettuce leaves, and eggs onto half the sandwich; replace top. Cut sandwich in half between the 2 eggs and serve.
Per Serving: 962 calories; 72.1 g fat; 31.6 g carbohydrates; 49.3 g protein; 564 mg cholesterol; 2287 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
Wow - now this is a sandwich! And, just as the submitter states it's a BLT on steroids! My husband loves anything with bacon so I had to make this for him and I'm glad I did. It's rich, meaty, a...
If you want to make someone very happy, prepare this sandwich for them. Absolutely delicious. I used fresh bread from the bakery sliced not too thick and followed the recipe and directions exa...
I am the submitter of this recipe. My first recipe submitted & was approved the next day so didn't have time to make corrections. I didn't mean to spread bread with the bacon grease but with the...
This sandwich is decadent and delicious! I didn't have the bread specified, and that was my only regret b/c it didn't come out as crisp as I would've liked. I kept reading the recipe, but I didn...
wow.....this made my hubby a very happy man tonight!! I used pepperjack cheese, (its what i had) on Italian bread (also what I had) it was very very very good! Thanks for the posting! Saves this...
I do love this sandwich, but how can you stop there? Add some avocado for extra extra fat! Personally, I take out the onion too, so it's more of a Blatche.
Made as written except that I only had plain white bread and I also chose to only butter one side of the bread and leave the bacon grease out of it. LOVED the flavor the green onions made melted...