Blue Cheese and Garlic Bread
Ingredients25 m servings 348
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut French bread loaf in half lengthwise and spread butter on both cut sides. Sprinkle each side with 2 teaspoons garlic powder. Place halves on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until butter has melted and bread is hot but not toasted, about 5 minutes. Remove bread from oven.
- Turn on oven's broiler.
- Spread half the bottle of blue cheese salad dressing over each half; sprinkle each piece of bread with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Broil until mozzarella cheese has melted and is slightly browned, 1 to 4 minutes. Watch carefully to prevent burning. Let bread cool 2 to 3 minutes before cutting into serving pieces.
- Cook's Note:
- I often make this dish on my BBQ grill using indirect heating to do the cooking. This is slower, so allow more time. This can be made using pre-made garlic bread and fixed up with listed ingredients. Experiment and see what your tastes prefer.
Per Serving: 348 calories; 25 22.2 10 39 698 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I like the flavor, it was good. The only thing I would change is the amount of blue cheese dressing. 8oz. Is way too much. Next time I will use about 4 oz. instead.
Loved this cheesey bread! I had a half of a small french baguette on it's way out, all of the buttery blue cheese moisture in this perked it right back up! I can't really comment on the full r...
So good! I’ve always thought plain garlic bread needed something. Apparently that something is blue cheese salad dressing. This was amazing! I ran out of garlic powder so I had to substitute...
There are only two of us so I eyeballed the ingredients and we were beyond happy with the results. Probably one of the best garlic breads I've ever had. Thanks so much for the recipe.