Vanilla Custard Pie
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 5 m servings 195
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/3 cup melted butter in a bowl; press mixture into a 9-inch pie dish to form a crust.
- Bake in preheated oven until firm, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Whisk milk, 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, flour, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes, then add egg yolks while continuously stirring. Continue to cook and stir until thickened, about 1 minute more, and remove from heat. Stir in 1 tablespoon butter and vanilla extract. Allow vanilla mixture to cool for 10 minutes before pouring into prepared crust. Let pie come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Beat egg whites in a glass or metal bowl until foamy. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the meringue will form sharp peaks. Spread meringue over vanilla pudding.
- Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate for about 3 hours before serving.
Per Serving: 195 calories; 8.8 25.8 3.5 66 120 Full nutrition