Pork Chops with Bourbon Tomatoes
Ingredients40 m servings 349
- Season pork chops with salt and black pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook pork chops in hot oil until nearly cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Remove pork chops to a plate, retaining oil and drippings in the skillet.
- Pour 1 teaspoon olive oil to the reserved drippings and reduce heat to medium. Cook and stir onion in oil mixture until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir garlic into onion; cook and stir until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove onion mixture to a bowl.
- Pour remaining 1 teaspoon oil into the skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Add tomatoes to oil and cook until seared on all sides and the skins begin to crack, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle brown sugar over the tomatoes; stir.
- Pour bourbon over the tomatoes; bring to a simmer and cook until some of the alcohol evaporates, about 2 minutes. Add onion mixture and beef broth to the tomatoes; bring to a simmer and cook until the liquid reduces by half and the tomatoes are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Return pork chops and juices to the skillet, cook until no longer pink in the center, about 3 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Serve dish sprinkled with parsley.
Per Serving: 349 calories; 15.3 10 33 79 203 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
It came out great but I did have to make some substitutions. I switched the whiskey for vermouth( didn't have whiskey) but other than that it came out amazing!
I was rather disappointed. I used less sugar than stated, but I found it rather sickly sweet. I couldn't finish it. I am going to make it again, but with very little sugar. I never add rum, ...
These were very good pork chops! I have basically two recipes for pork chops that my husband doesn't complain that they are dry. I decided to try these on him, and he was very happy! I did not c...