Healthy (No Sugar/Butter Added) Almond and Coconut Squares
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 106 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer in a bowl until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Soak cranberries in water in a separate bowl for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pulse almonds in a food processor until coarsely chopped; add coconut flour. Pulse until blended. Transfer almond mixture to a bowl.
- Blend cranberry mixture and coconut milk in the food processor until evenly combined.
- Stir mashed banana into almond mixture using a rubber spatula. Mix cranberry mixture and applesauce into almond-banana mixture until mixture is dense and pliable. Stir in vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Fold egg whites into mixture until just combined. Spread mixture into the prepared baking pan; tap pan gently on the counter to evenly spread mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are lightly browned, about 45 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes before cutting into squares.
- Cook's Note:
- Do not add too much applesauce. Watch for consistency to be like a thick dough, the mass must be pliable as a cookie dough. If applesauce is decreased and with a bit extra banana, mixture can be formed into cookies. For those decrease baking time to 15 minutes or until lightly brown.
Per Serving: 106 calories; 8.4 g fat; 6 g carbohydrates; 3.5 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 8 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I made this recipe exactly as stated. It is uniquely delicious. The banana and coconut flavour are strangely delicate yet lasting. Can hardly taste the cranberry but there is a tangy taste th...
Yes, I followed the recipe as printed. The footnote did not appear on my printed page. The mixture was crumbly, not at all like a cookie dough. The bars were too crumbly because I added the am...
I added more coconut milk to help with the consistency, but found it still a bit dry. It does have that unique taste that keeps you wanting another piece.