Simple Chocolate Ice Cream
Ingredients2 h 50 m servings 228 cals
- Fill sink with several inches of ice water.
- Beat eggs and cocoa powder in a bowl until well-blended and smooth.
- Heat milk, evaporated milk, sugar, and cocoa powder mixture in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until custard comes to 180 degrees F (82 degrees C), about 10 minutes. The custard should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove saucepan from heat and immediately transfer to sink to halt cooking. Continue to stir custard until cooled; stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour custard into an ice cream maker once it reaches 40 degrees F (4 degrees C). Freeze according to manufacturer's directions until softly frozen. Transfer ice cream to a lidded container; cover surface with plastic wrap and seal. For best results, ice cream should ripen in the freezer at least 2 hours to overnight.
Per Serving: 228 calories; 7.4 g fat; 34.1 g carbohydrates; 8.5 g protein; 110 mg cholesterol; 106 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I'm giving it 4 stars because I think it needs a little cream--I used 1 cup milk and 1/2 cup cream. The instructions are very clear and it tastes just like Culvers! I love that it uses inexpensi...
I changed nothing. I mixed it with my kitchen aid ice cream mixer on low for 15 minutes turned out perfectly. Loved by all members of my family