Ingredients2 h 30 m servings 353 cals
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Press pie crusts into two 9-inch pie pans.
- Melt chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching.
- Mix sugar, flour, and salt together in a bowl.
- Whisk buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl; stir buttermilk mixture into sugar mixture. Slowly pour melted chocolate into mixture, while beating with an electric mixer, until filling is smooth. Pour half the filling into each prepared pie crust. Sprinkle pecans over each pie.
- Bake pies in the preheated oven until cooked through, about 1 hour. Cool for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 353 calories; 18.6 g fat; 43.3 g carbohydrates; 5.9 g protein; 70 mg cholesterol; 236 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I also added 1/2 cup of butter to the chocolate, since I didn’t have a double broiler. I took the pie out after the suggested cooking time, and realized it needed a little more time. I changed t...
It was pretty good but not my favorite. I think it's my fault though Bc I used some leftover walnut pieces and they tasted stale. My other family members liked it though.