Ingredients1 h servings 436
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef, zucchini, onion, and garlic in the hot skillet until beef is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Stir crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, sucanat, basil, sea salt, oregano, and black pepper into beef mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until flavors have blended, at least 30 minutes or up to 1 hour for better flavor.
- While sauce is simmering, bring salted water to a boil and cook spaghetti according to package directions. Serve sauce over hot pasta.
- Cook's Note:
- Use any lean ground meat: ground beef, bison, or turkey.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 436 calories; 6.3 80 22.5 25 2196 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
Made this recipe and the sauce is delicious! I doubled the recipe and left out the zucchini. I added fresh sliced mushrooms and meatballs. I used honey instead of sucanat. I also add one chopp...
This was hugely satisfying over spaghetti squash. I subbed 1/2 T of honey for the called-for sucanat.
This is a wonderful recipe. I plan to use it at our next soup kitchen meal.
This is especially great if you use tomatoes imported from Italy!
Made this the other night for dinner and have 2 more meals worth in the freezer. Easy to make and delicious. The only change I made was using Italian seasoning instead of the separate herbs. ...
This was very good! The only change i made was adding some fresh mushrooms. I will definitely make this again, but will decrease the amount of sea salt next time - a little too salty for me as w...
Very good! Left out the meat (vegetarian daughter), and used gluten free pasta. Excellent.
I used 1lb turkey sausage, simmered for about an hour, and added mushrooms halfway through. Turned out great!