Garden Fresh Vegetable Beef Soup
Ingredients6 h 30 m servings 205
- Heat vegetable oil in a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Put flour into a wide, shallow dish. Dredge beef chunks in flour to coat.
- Cook beef in hot oil until completely browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Add beef stock, hot water, green beans, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, corn, celery, onion, peas, beef bouillon granules, parsley, bay leaves, thyme, chili powder, and black pepper to stockpot; stir, place a cover on the stockpot, and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook soup at a simmer, stirring periodically, for about 6 hours.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 205 calories; 6.6 24 13.7 26 429 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Nice soup! I omitted the oil and put everything in the crock pot on low for 8 hours. I also added some cabbage that I needed to use. Very comforting on a chilly day! Thanks for the recipe, e...
This is a great way to use vegetables you may have in your home. It is so flavorful:) Yummy! I also used leftover roast so that worked wonderfully.
We cannot stop raving about this soup. It is so good I am actually writing my first all recipes review for it. We made this with some very minor changes: I am very finicky about tomatoes so I ex...