Baked Italian Chicken Breast with Brie
Ingredients1 h servings 652
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Pour white wine and water into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Mix oregano, black pepper, and salt together in a bowl; massage oregano mixture onto both sides of chicken breasts. Arrange coated chicken breasts in the baking dish; sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Bake chicken in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Place tomatoes, mushrooms, and garlic around the chicken breasts; sprinkle 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese over chicken and vegetables. Continue baking until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 15 more minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese over chicken; top each chicken breast with 1 slice prosciutto and 2 to 3 slices Brie cheese diagonally atop prosciutto.
- Bake until Brie cheese is melted, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Total baking time for the chicken should be about 40 to 45 minutes. Depends on your oven. If you have a good gas oven, I would recommend cutting down the baking time by a few minutes. A meat thermometer is also great if you're making a new type of meat or if you're not familiar with your oven or stove.
Per Serving: 652 calories; 29.4 11.3 67.7 207 2075 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
I recommend cutting the salt, pepper, and oregano by half. I also recommend rubbing olive oil on the chicken breasts before rubbing on the spices.
Yum! The creamy brie was delicious with the chicken and mushrooms! I added scallions (as another reviewer suggested) and used a whole package of baby portabella mushrooms and more tomatoes so th...
We basically followed the recipe as written and it was very good and I will make it again. We ended up with a lot of juice in the pan so next time I will drain that off when I add the cheese / ...
We loved this recipe and will make it again but with some additions like a few dashes of True Lemon crystals and Italian parsley for the rub portion to brighten it up with a tart flavor, and rou...
Sorry I was too busy dishing out to take a picture! Finally a highly rated recipe that deserves it. So, so good. I made this for an Italian themed family dinner family party of 10. Slight change...
Had no white wine so substituted with Limoncello. Also wrapped with bacon instead of prosciutto. My wife said it was the best thing I'd ever cooked. That's what I call a winner.
This is a pretty good recipe. Lesson the seasonings by 1/2 or 2/3rds. Didn't add tomatoes, and used very thin sliced black forest ham. Was really good. Will definitely make again.