Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 549
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 10-inch tube pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10-inch tube pan.
- Beat egg whites in a glass or metal bowl until soft peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the egg whites will form soft mounds rather than a sharp peak.
- Beat 2 cups confectioners' sugar and 1 cup butter together in a bowl until creamy; add egg yolks, 1 at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Mix flour and baking powder together in a bowl. Stir flour mixture into creamed butter mixture, alternating with cooled coffee until just mixed; mix in sprinkles. Fold egg whites into batter. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges of cake pull away from sides and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool cake in pan for 1/2 hour before turning onto a serving plate.
- Beat 2 cups confectioners' sugar, 1/2 cup butter, and cocoa powder together in a bowl until smooth; beat in hot coffee and vanilla extract until frosting is creamy. Spread frosting onto cooled cake.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Can also be baked in two 1-pound bread pans lined with waxed paper.
- Use real chocolate sprinkles versus artificially-flavored because they can turn the cake orange.
Per Serving: 549 calories; 28.3 70.4 5 123 272 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1