Winter Chicken n' Squash
made it | 0 reviews |
"An excellent winter dish with seasonal squash. The savory sage and the sweetness of the squash, mixed with a bite of pepper, is perfect on a chilly night. Using fresh ingredients that are in season is the best way to cook and eat. The skin of the chicken is important for cooking the rice. The sage is only natural to go with the squash."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 429 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lay squash slices in a 11x13-inch baking dish. Spread rice in an even layer over the squash slices. Arrange chicken pieces onto the layer of rice.
- Mix chicken broth, broccoli soup, peas, sage, and black pepper together in a bowl; pour into baking dish around the chicken piece. Sprinkle cayenne pepper over the chicken pieces. Season chicken and rice mixture with salt. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and continue cooking until the chicken is no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Cool dish 5 minutes before serving.
- Partner tip: Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 429 calories; 11.8 g fat; 44 g carbohydrates; 35.5 g protein; 109 mg cholesterol; 375 mg sodium. Full nutrition