Family Favorite Raisin-Filled Cookies
Ingredients50 m servings 201
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk 3 1/2 cups flour, 1 cup sugar, cream of tartar, and baking soda together in a bowl. Mix vegetable shortening, milk, egg, and vanilla extract into dry ingredients to make a dough. Roll the dough out 1/4-inch thick on a floured work surface. Cut dough into 2 1/2-inch rounds using a biscuit cutter or glass.
- Combine raisins, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 tablespoon flour in a bowl; stir to coat raisins. Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon of raisin mixture into center of a cookie round and top with another round. Use a fork to crimp the edges together to make little pies. Place cookies onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies are lightly golden brown, about 11 minutes. Watch carefully to prevent burning.
- Gather cut scraps of dough, gently form into a ball, and roll out again. Repeat steps as before until all dough and filling are used up.
- Cook's Note:
Per Serving: 201 calories; 4.8 38 2.8 8 59 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Have not tried this recipe, but, very similar to my grandmothers. Correct in saying (don't work the do too much. Best cookie in the known universe. My wife bakes a double batch every year for Ch...
This does not even deserve a star. Very dry and hard.I am an experienced baker
Made the cookies, used 1 rounded TSP of raisins per cookie and had a lot of raisins left after making 30 cookies; cookie part was good not enough raisin filling. Will increase filling in each c...