Amazing Venison Meatloaf
"This is my own original recipe (I'm a hunter's wife) and an all-time family favorite! A super moist and flavorful meatloaf with a 'kick' using venison and pork sausage. It would also probably be good as a leftover, but none of it has ever made it to the fridge so I don't know. This is exceptional when the meatloaf is formed into patties and grilled outside instead of baked in the oven."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 343
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Mix venison, pork sausage, and onion in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Run water from faucet briefly over onion buns, squeeze water out of buns, and break into small pieces. Add pieces of onion buns to meat mixture.
- Stir eggs, brandy, bacon grease, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, red pepper flakes, seasoned salt, garlic and herb seasoning, black pepper, and sage into meat mixture. Transfer to prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and the juices run clear, 60 to 70 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
You might also like
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 343 calories; 15.4 13.1 31.1 165 573 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1