Holiday Rosemary and Ham Casserole
Ingredients1 h servings 468
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Layer ham into a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Slowly pour grits into the water while stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the grits are tender and thick, 3 to 4 minutes. Mix Cheddar cheese and butter into grits.
- Whisk milk, eggs, salt, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl; stir in rosemary and garlic. Pour grit mixture over ham. Cover casserole dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until casserole is bubbling, about 45 minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 468 calories; 32.3 14.9 28.2 183 1625 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
I made this for Easter breakfast and it was absolutely delicious!! However, it was a bit runny after 45 minutes and I ended up draining some liquid off the top and then baking it for well over a...
This was really good. I didn't have the full amount of ham so I used what I had.. still came out delicious. Next time I think I'll leave the ham the same amount, but add a veggie like broccoli
Wow, A must try for Cheese Grits lovers that like a little heat.. The ingredient flavors blend very well together. Don't wait for the holidays to try it!
This was really good. Like other viewer will add broccoli next time. Some of my guests thought it was a little spiced but I thought it was fine.
If this review was solely my own, I would give this 4 stars. However, my husband raved about it. He told me how much he liked it when I debuted it at dinner, and then again the next day when he ...
Awesome!!! Welcome change from the usual egg and potato casserole. I had to guess on the grits because I only had instant-- following the box directions for 3 servings-- but I would recommend 4 ...
This was great. I needed to increase the cooking time a bit and turned the oven to 370 at high altitude. Great for using up that holiday ham.