Delicata Squash Burger Patties
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 299
- Preheat an oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
- Place squash on a baking sheet; drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender, about 45 minutes. Remove and cool. Cut into cubes.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir shallot and garlic in the melted butter until shallot is transparent, 5 to 10 minutes. Add sun-dried tomatoes; cook until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Mash squash cubes into shallot mixture until relatively smooth. Remove from heat, transfer mixture to a bowl, and cool for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir bread crumbs, egg, and Parmesan cheese into squash mixture. Add more bread crumbs if mixture is too sticky. Season with salt and pepper. Shape mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat; cook patties in the hot oil until browned, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Cook's Note:
- You can either leave the mixture chunky or puree in a food processor before forming into patties.
- For the ravioli stuffing, omit the bread crumbs and egg and stop at step 5 before forming into patties.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 299 calories; 14.7 35 8.8 66 400 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I made these as-written, except that I used crumbled goat cheese in place of the parmesan. We really enjoyed the flavor--particularly the sun-dried tomatoes--but there just wasn't enough textur...
Delicious. I didn't add in the skin as I am cannot digest it well and I used less oil. The sun dried tomatoes were excellent in this. next time, I will also toss in some chopped fresh spinach. I...