Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 25 m servings 293 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat milk in a heavy bottom pot over medium-high heat until boiling. Remove from heat and add vinegar. Stir a couple times until curds separate from whey, about 5 minutes.
- Line a colander with cheese cloth. Pour curds and whey through colander and drain. Wrap curds with cheesecloth and place a heavy pot fill with water over curds to press and drain completely, about 2 hours. Curds will form a soft disk.
- Cook's Notes:
- To avoid sticking of the milk to the pan during the process of boiling, add two tablespoons warm water to the pan before pouring in the milk.
- If you don't have a heavy-bottomed pan for boiling the milk, feel free to use the microwave.
- Paneer cubes are extremely soft and should be cut at least half inch thick.
Per Serving: 293 calories; 15.9 g fat; 22.1 g carbohydrates; 15.7 g protein; 49 mg cholesterol; 195 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1