Ingredients45 m servings 246 cals
- Mix ground beef, rice, onion, and egg together in a bowl with your hands; shape into tennis-ball sized balls.
- Stir tomato sauce and water together in a large pot; bring too a boil. Gently lie meatballs into the sauce, place cover on the pot, and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook until meatballs are no longer pink in the center, about 35 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Put meatballs on a plate, cut each into halves, and ladle sauce over the meatballs to serve.
- Editor's Note:
- Sodium content varies across brands of tomato sauce, so if you use a no-salt-added sauce, you may want to add salt to the meatballs. Add 3/4 teaspoon salt to the ground beef in step 1.
Per Serving: 246 calories; 10.2 g fat; 21.8 g carbohydrates; 16.8 g protein; 75 mg cholesterol; 745 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
The end result in my house as it was delish. I found that you need to use good judgment on the size of the onion. Use too much chopped onion results in a not so formed or held together meatball....
Updated review: I've made these meatballs several more times (with the pineapple sauce still) and so far, my favorite version is with 2 tsp salt and a few shakes of worcestire mixed in the meat ...