Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 532 cals
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Slice potatoes when cool enough to handle.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion in hot butter until slightly browned, about 10 minutes. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in skillet; add sliced potatoes. Continue cooking until potatoes begin to brown, about 10 more minutes; stir often.
- Beat eggs in a bowl; pour beaten eggs over potatoes and let cook until egg begins to firm on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Carefully work a spatula underneath the eggs and potatoes and flip. Cook until eggs are firm and set throughout, 3 to 5 more minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Lay American cheese slices over egg-potato mixture and let melt before serving.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 532 calories; 26.3 g fat; 53.7 g carbohydrates; 22.7 g protein; 349 mg cholesterol; 614 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Just a couple of thoughts on this recipe - peeling and cooking the potatoes then slicing and frying leads to more of a mashed potato than sliced. Leftover chilled potatoes would probably work b...