Fruit and Nut Granola (Chrissie's Granola)
made it | 0 reviews |
"Originally given to me at work as a 'Hey! I made this, try it, it's vegan (I'm not vegan), you'll love it!' and I did; I really did love it. I've made it several times now and a modified version for my husband (omitted the chocolate and used deluxe mixed nuts). I have to stash some or get none in my house."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 339 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (6 cups)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Pour the oats into a large bowl. Add almonds, cinnamon, cocoa powder, salt, brown sugar, and dried fruit into the oats respectively, stirring each into the mixture before adding the next.
- Mix maple syrup and vanilla extract together in a small bowl. With a rubber spatula, add the maple syrup-vanilla mixture to your dry ingredients. Fold the two together until mixed and all dry ingredients are well coated.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, stir, and continue baking until golden brown, about 25 minutes more. Set aside to cool slightly, about 20 minutes.
- Gently fold chocolate chips into the granola mixture, allowing the chocolate to coat the granola as it melts slightly. Cool completely before storing.
- Cook's Note:
- Once my oven cools off I usually let mine sit inside the oven overnight and package the next day. It's great in milk, too!
Per Serving: 339 calories; 9.7 g fat; 61.5 g carbohydrates; 6.2 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 108 mg sodium. Full nutrition