Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 387
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix almond meal, butter, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, and 1/8 teaspoon white pepper together, forming a ball. Gently press dough into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake crust in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. The crust will puff up slightly; gently press it back down with a spoon or fork. Continue baking until just lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Whisk half-and-half, eggs, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle bacon into the bottom of the pie crust; top with Swiss cheese. Pour egg mixture over Swiss cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes to finish setting in the middle.
- Cook's Note:
- I like my food a little salty, if that's not your preference, use unsalted butter in the crust or cut back the sea salt to taste.
Per Serving: 387 calories; 29.6 11 22 177 525 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I made this for a bridal shower brunch and it got rave reviews, with multiple people asking for the recipe. No one even knew it was gluten-free; they just knew it tasted great! Since this was my...
I am one of those idiots who never reads all the way to the bottom of a recipe until it's too late. I missed the author's warning about "salty" and, if you make it as written, it's quite salty....
I make this often because it is delicious. Even my picky boyfriend likes it! I do leave out the nutmeg though because I don't like that spice.
First time making a gluten free crust - it turned out great and both my husband and daughter loved it. I used shredded cheddar cheese and added 1 cup extra cheese.
I've made this numerous times because the hubs loves it. My kids like it too so it's definitely a hit. We add spinach and a little jalapeño with the bacon and have used shredded cheddar cheese a...
Love how the crust came out. I used a dash of cinnamon instead of nutmeg and and I skipped the garlic I'm he crust as I have stomach issues with garlic. Consistency of final quiches was amazing!