Summertime Zucchini Pie
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 223
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Press pie crust into a 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Cover the edges of the crust with aluminum foil.
- Bake pie crust until lightly browned, about 12 minutes. Set pie crust aside to cool. Increase oven heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on paper towels, while retaining drippings in the skillet.
- Stir zucchini, mushrooms, onion, and garlic into the reserved bacon drippings; season with Italian seasoning, dill, parsley, garlic salt, and black pepper. Cook and stir the zucchini mixture until the zucchini is tender yet crisp, 5 to 7 minutes; remove from heat.
- Chop the bacon and stir through the zucchini mixture.
- Sprinkle about half the mozzarella cheese into the bottom of the pie crust. Spoon zucchini mixture over the mozzarella cheese layer. Pour eggs over the zucchini mixture; top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the mozzarella cheese. Put pie plate onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until the top begins to brown, about 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 223 calories; 13.5 15.6 10.1 57 484 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Excellent with or without bacon! Makes a nice vegetarian brunch or light dinner.
Made recipe exactly as is, very flavorful taste! Big hit with my picker eaters.
This turned out great. Kind of surprised… It’s so simple. I used turkey bacon, and made sure it was crisp to break into the pie. Used three eggs, and half cup of milk to add a little bit more bo...