Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 478 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in the fettuccine, bring back to a boil, and cook pasta over medium heat until cooked through but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir chicken strips in the hot oil until no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken to a bowl, leaving pan drippings in skillet. Melt margarine in the hot skillet; cook and stir mushrooms, onion, and garlic in skillet until mushrooms have softened and given up their liquid, about 5 minutes. Stir red bell pepper into mixture and sprinkle with flour. Stir to coat and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Slowly mix chicken broth into vegetables, stirring to form a thick sauce; mix cream and milk into sauce. Simmer until thickened, about 1 minute. Mix 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, thyme, salt, and black pepper into sauce and simmer until cheese have melted and combined with sauce.
- Spread half the cooked fettuccine pasta into bottom of prepared casserole dish, top with half the chicken and half the cream sauce. Repeat layers once more and sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons Swiss cheese, 2 tablespoons Cheddar cheese, and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese topping is nicely browned, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 478 calories; 27.5 g fat; 34.8 g carbohydrates; 23.6 g protein; 93 mg cholesterol; 427 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
After I added the milk and cream, it liquified and stayed liquified. Twice, I had to add more flour-water to thicken. This recipe has a lot of ingredients and quite a few steps, and I was jus...
Very good, and a snap to put together. One change I made, out of necessity, was to use light cream. It was perfect--I can't imagine that it would have been any better with heavy cream. I also...
Very good recipe,I did not have a red bell pepper, so I used a green bell pepper and also put in some celery that I wanted to use up. I don't care for Swiss Cheese, so I used Colby Jack instead...
I added Parmesan cheese in lieu of the other cheeses and let out the mushrooms. Tasted great!
Very tasty! I added some extra flour because it mention the sauce should’ve been thick but mine wasn’t. Add 1 extra tablespoon of flour but also did a full cup of mushrooms. We are a cheese fam...
Delicious!I made a few changes because of what I had on hand. Used Italian blend shredded cheese in place of the swiss cheese and I had no cream so I added a little more milk. Biggest thing was ...
This was amzing ! I love how simple the recipe is, but the favors are very complex ! I grilled the two chicken breasts in garlic/ chili infused olive oil seasoned with Cajun seasoning. This made...