Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 430 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place chicken thighs into a large saucepan, pour in water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is tender and no longer pink inside, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain, retaining chicken stock.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cook and stir green bell pepper and onion in 1 cup retained stock in a saucepan over medium heat until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Cook vermicelli pasta with remaining 2 cups chicken stock in a separate pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender and stock has been absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Combine cooked chicken, bell pepper, onion, cooked pasta, cream of mushroom soup, Worcestershire sauce, Cheddar cheese, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl; pour mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until casserole is bubbling and top is lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
Per Serving: 430 calories; 22.8 g fat; 30.4 g carbohydrates; 25.2 g protein; 79 mg cholesterol; 842 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
We weren't a fan. It really tasted like Worcestershire Sauce to me. Husband asked to go back to our old recipe. Sorry, but we won't be making this again.