Zucchini Soup with Curry Spices
Ingredients40 m servings 94
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add zucchini, cover, and steam until slightly tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir onion in the melted butter until tender and translucent, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mix grated ginger, cumin, coriander, mustard seeds, ground cinnamon, turmeric, cardamom, cayenne pepper, sea salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Mix spice mixture into onions until coated.
- Mix zucchini into onion mixture; cook and stir until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour vegetable stock over zucchini mixture; stir well. Simmer until vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Pour zucchini mixture into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth.
- Pour soup into 4 serving bowls; garnish each bowl with 1 tablespoon cilantro and 1 cinnamon stick.
Per Serving: 94 calories; 3.9 14 3.4 8 237 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was a no for me... sorry. The spices just did not taste good to me. It wasn't too spicy, but something about the blend was too harsh. I had to add a lot of salt and some Greek yogurt to be ...
Too spicy, cannot seem to fix with sour cream, yogurt or honey. Cut down on ginger.
Too spicey and too thick. Next time I'll leave out the cayenne pepper and add more broth.