Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 401
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 dozen cupcakes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 24 cupcake cups with paper liners.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda together in a bowl. Beat buttermilk, vegetable shortening, vanilla extract, and salt into dry ingredients until thoroughly combined; beat egg whites into batter. Pour batter into prepared cupcake cups, filing them 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cupcakes are lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Let cool.
- Divide a container of frosting in half and tint half pink with red food coloring; set remaining vanilla frosting aside. Use second frosting container to frost cupcakes. Cover cupcakes with coconut.
- Break graham crackers into individual cookies and cut each cookie carefully into a leaf shape pointed at both ends to make 48 ears. Cover each ear with remaining white frosting and frost the inside of each ear shape with pink frosting. Stick 2 ears into each cupcake. Push 2 mini chocolate chips into tops of cupcakes below ears to make eyes; add a dot of pink frosting to each for a nose.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can also use a box cake recipe. This cuts down on preparation time. Make sure when you cut the graham cracker ears to leave a point at the end to insert in the cupcake. Enjoy!
Per Serving: 401 calories; 16.5 60.8 3.4 < 1 199 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1