Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 390
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; whisk flour, brown sugar, mustard, salt, and black pepper into butter. Pour in milk and bring to a simmer; reduce heat to low and whisk until sauce is thick and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Stir macaroni, ham, and apple slices into sauce. Spread mixture into a 2-quart casserole.
- Combine soft bread crumbs with 2 tablespoons melted butter in a bowl; sprinkle crumbs over casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven until casserole is bubbly and crumb topping is browned, about 35 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 390 calories; 21.1 36.5 13.9 58 842 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This was exactly what 3 stars says, "It was OK". I was looking forward to this combination, but found it to be a bit sweet for our taste. Everything in this recipe was screaming for me to add ...