Fresh Asparagus Pie
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"I had some fresh asparagus lying around and wanted to use it up. I always do the same things with asparagus and wanted to be creative, so I tried this out to see if it worked and I was pleasantly surprised. It reminds me of a vegetarian crawfish pie. Great for brunch or a main course at dinner!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 338
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix whole wheat flour, vegetable oil, milk, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt together using a fork in a 9-inch pie plate; press mixture into the shape of a pie crust.
- Combine asparagus, vegetable broth, and shallots in a pot; bring to a boil. Cook until asparagus is tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Pour mixture into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree until smooth.
- Melt butter in the same pot over medium heat; slowly whisk flour into the melted butter until paste-like consistency. Mix 1/2 teaspoon salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper into the flour paste; slowly whisk in yogurt. Add asparagus mixture to yogurt mixture; fold in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and Gorgonzola cheese until smooth. Pour mixture into pie crust; top with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pie is set in the middle and crust is brown, 30 to 35 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 338 calories; 24.3 23.6 8.9 28 502 Full nutrition