Ingredients35 m servings 169 cals
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Mix milk and lime juice together in a bowl.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, lime zest, salt, and baking soda together in a separate bowl; mix butter into flour mixture using two knives or a pastry blender until crumbly. Stir milk mixture into flour mixture until just moistened.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface; knead a few times. Gently shape dough into a 3/4-inch thick disk; cut into 12 biscuits using a 2 1/2-inch floured cutter or the rim of a small juice glass. Reshape scraps as needed. Arrange biscuits on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- These can be made a day ahead and warmed in a 375 degree F (190 degree C) oven for 5 to10 minutes.
Per Serving: 169 calories; 10.1 g fat; 17.1 g carbohydrates; 2.8 g protein; 27 mg cholesterol; 376 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
I used salted butter - my only changr. Quite good. Nice light lime taste. Biscuit itself was flaky and delish. Will make again
Because I changed the recipe to spelt flour, soy milk and vegetable oil, I needed to add some extra flour. These turned into drop biscuits instead of the kind that needed to be rolled out. DH ...
It turned out pretty good. I added some sugar to the dough and I brushed them in an egg, lime and sugar wash. We topped them with berries. And a little powdered sugar. I'll make these again.
I thought these were very good. I may increase the amount of lime next time, depending on what I am serving with these biscuits.