Ingredients3 h 5 m servings 201 cals
- Toss green cabbage, carrot, red cabbage, and onion in a colander and sprinkle with kosher salt. Set aside to drip for 30 minutes.
- Heat cider vinegar, sugar, celery seed, and dry mustard together in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Squeeze as much juice as possible from cabbage mixture and transfer vegetables to a serving bowl. Pour vinegar mixture to taste over vegetables and drizzle vegetable oil over the top. Sprinkle with black pepper and stir coleslaw to coat with dressing. Refrigerate 2 hours before serving for flavors to blend.
- Cook's Note:
- Use your food processor for the shredding. It cuts down the time quite a bit as well as makes a nice texture of a longer shred versus tiny grated bits of cabbage. You can use less sugar, about 3/4 cup if desired.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the salt. The actual amount of the salt consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 201 calories; 7.6 g fat; 32.5 g carbohydrates; 1.6 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 2876 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Oh,this is a very good recipe! It sure is catchy!:) This makes a regular meal great! My guests,and family love this. I will do this again. -Serene
We love this recipe. Best coleslaw we ever ate. The only change was less sugar.
I used 2 packets of splenda instead of the 1 cup of sugar and added black pepper and itallian seasoning to the vinegarette. was a hit at the BBQ Potluck.
It was too sweet for us...way, way to sweet! Cut the sugar in half and it's perfect. I used all green cabbage as that is what I had on hand. I wouldn't let it sit for any more than an hour--i...