Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 330
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Add chicken breasts, bring back to a boil, and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 15 minutes. Drain chicken and reserve 1 cup of chicken water. Shred chicken.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and jalapeno peppers in the melted butter until onion is softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Mix cream of chicken soup and reserved chicken water into onion mixture; stir well. Fold shredded chicken into mixture.
- Line the bottom of the prepared casserole dish with tortillas; spoon chicken mixture over tortillas. Top with another row of tortillas. Repeat layering until all the chicken mixture and tortillas are used; top with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 330 calories; 16.8 23.3 21.9 73 478 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I added steamed spinach since my dad can't eat jalapeño , added cumin and a little Cajun seasoning. Added fresh garlic.