Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 102
Original recipe yields 80 servings (5 pints)
- Juice apples using an electric juicer; pour into a gravy separator. Carefully decant the juice out from under the foam into a large pot.
- Stir pectin into apple juice; bring to a rolling boil. Stir sugar into boiling juice mixture. Bring mixture again to a boil; cook at a boil for 1 minute and remove immediately from heat.
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pour apple juice mixture into the hot, sterilized jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 5 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool, dark area.
You might also like
Per Serving: 102 calories; 0 26.4 0.1 0 < 1 Full nutrition