Springtime Asparagus Risotto
Ingredients30 m servings 339 cals
- Wash asparagus and break off the tough ends. Cut spears into 1-inch pieces; set aside.
- In a 6-quart pot, melt butter with olive oil. Add onion, garlic and rice. Over medium-high heat, cook and stir 3-4 minutes; do not brown. Add cooking wine and broth. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to low, cover and cook 10 minutes. No need to stir.
- Add asparagus and continue to cook and stir, uncovered, about 3 minutes. Taste rice to ensure it does not overcook. Rice should be al dente and rather soupy. Stir in cheese, lemon peel and marjoram. Remove from heat and serve immediately. Sprinkle with additional cheese, if desired.
- Traditional risotto is very creamy and the rice is firm to the bite. The rice will continue to absorb liquid as it sits.
- Use 2 cups fresh peas, or frozen peas (thawed), in place of asparagus.
- Add 1/2 cup diced ham or prosciutto along with the cheese, lemon and herb.
- Recipe may be halved; use a 4-quart saucepan.
Per Serving: 339 calories; 8 g fat; 53.5 g carbohydrates; 7.4 g protein; 13 mg cholesterol; 749 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
The easiest risotto I've ever made. And very tasty. I usually use recipes as a starting point, though, In this one I substituted a cheap but drinkable Sauvignon Blanc for the cooking wine and s...
Good flavor but cooking time was a little off, I had to extend the time because my rice was "crunchy" after the given cooking time.