Wine Infused Grilled Pork Chops
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 550 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 pork chops)
- To make our brine flavor infusion, pour about 2/3 cup cooking wine into a glass. Stir in rosemary and garlic. Microwave on high 1 minute. Cool to room temperature--at least 30 minutes, stirring once or twice. (Or place glass in an ice water bath to chill faster; stir occasionally.)
- Meanwhile, pour remaining Holland House cooking wine into a non-metallic container or bowl that is wide and deep enough to hold the 4 chops. Add sugar, salt and pepper; stir until sugar and salt are dissolved. Stir in the cooled flavor infusion.
- Place pork chops in brine so they are completely submerged. Cover and refrigerate 18 to 24 hours, turning chops at least once.
- Preheat grill to medium-low heat, 325-350 degrees F. Arrange coals to grill chops over indirect heat. Drain chops and discard brine. If desired, rub both sides of chops with ancho chile powder. Grill 10 minutes; turn and grill 4-6 minutes more or until internal temperature is 140 degrees F. Remove, cover with foil and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
- *For this brine, we use 1-1/2 teaspoons of table salt equaling 3540 mg sodium. If you use kosher salt, check the label and measure the amount of salt that would equal approximately 3540mg -- about 1 tablespoon depending on the brand. The amount of sodium does not have to be precise -- 200mg more or less works fine. This brine is enough for 4 large chops (including tenderloin) or 6 smaller chops.
- **Ancho chiles are mild and a bit sweet. Ground ancho is available in the spice section of grocery stores.
Per Serving: 550 calories; 11.1 g fat; 27.5 g carbohydrates; 50.3 g protein; 131 mg cholesterol; 2480 mg sodium. Full nutrition