Ingredients35 m servings 129
- Cut pears in half lengthwise and remove cores. Measure Marsala cooking wine into a small mixing bowl. Add brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir to dissolve sugar.
- Melt butter in a large 12-inch skillet. Stir in Marsala mixture. Cook over medium heat until bubbly. Place pears in pan, cut side down. Cover and cook over medium-low heat 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 30-45 minutes or until cool enough to serve.
- Place each pear half in a small bowl. Stir remaining sauce in pan; drizzle each serving with 1-2 teaspoons warm sauce. Top with a small scoop of ice cream, and if desired, toasted pecans. Serve immediately.
- Use an apple corer to easily remove cores from pear halves.
- If pears are really firm and green, add 5 minutes to the cooking time.
Per Serving: 129 calories; 4 20.3 0.7 11 29 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
Not crazy about the sauce but the combination of pear and cinnamon makes it delicious.
Made this recipe exactly as written with leftover Marsala wine from Chicken Marsala. We did not have ice cream so served with cool whip instead.
Delish!!! Followed the recipe exactly -- what a treat! I've made these 2-3 times and they've always been a winner. Thanks!
If you use ice cream don't worry about the recommended cooling time the marriage of the warm pear and the ice cream make for a delightful results. Next time I'll peel the pear. My wife loved it!
This recipe was divine AND was easy!! My husband and I loved it! I substituted apple juice for the wine since I didn't have any wine on hand and I also substituted cloves for nutmeg (just as a p...
This is an easy and delicious dessert. I make it for all of our dinner parties now. Everyone loves the taste and always wants the recipe. I did not use the nutmeg. It is the perfect dessert...
Delicious and easy. However, there was not enough liquid so I would double the recipe.
I made this with the seasonings as written, but used two apples (red delicious) and 2 Bosc pears, sliced into 8ths rather than halves. Absolutely wonderful. I will make this again.