- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Liberally spray six 6 oz ramekins with nonstick cooking spray and place on a baking sheet.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter.
- Alternative: Use a medium size stainless bowl that sits on top of a small saucepan (with water in saucepan) if you do not have a double boiler. Do not let any water get into the melting chocolate.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs with hand mixer for several minutes and thoroughly foamy.
- Add sugar, dry mashed potatoes, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, espresso powder and salt. Beat a couple of minutes to mix.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture and beat for five minutes. This recipe works best if lots of air is incorporated into the mixture to make the cakes light and airy.
- Pour into ramekins. DO NOT under bake or over bake the cakes. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes. Keep your eye on them; you want them to be molten (a bit soft in the middle), but not too much.
- Let them rest a few minutes before serving. The center may sink a little - don't worry.
- Run a thin knife around the inside edge to help release the cakes.
- Top with powdered sugar and whip cream.
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Coming from an italian family, I make everything from scratch. Let me tell you, the texture of this recipe is awesome. I used to go to a Brazilian restaurant that sold a very similar cake with i...
This recipe delivered everything I could ask for in a classy restaurant dessert, and it was easy! Be sure to really whip your eggs, I used a food processor. That will make the difference between...
It was as easy as the recipe stated. I was leery of the instant potatoes, but it was quite good. I impressed the hell out of my boyfriend.