Idahoan Coca-Cola® Cake
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat the sides and bottom of spring form pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt stick of butter in a large, wide sauce pan.
- Add cola, cocoa powder and superfine sugar and whisk until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Whisk sour cream, eggs and vanilla thoroughly until almost a batter-like consistency and add slowly into the slightly cooled butter mixture.
- Add dry Original Mashed Potato flakes and baking soda. Stir thoroughly. The batter will have a slightly grainy appearance but don't be concerned.
- Pour into spring form pan and bake for 45 minutes to an hour. Test center of cake with a wooden toothpick (cake is done when the toothpick comes out clean).
- Cool and remove from spring form pan. Note: This is a very dark and dense cake.
- Frosting: The cream cheese should be at room temperature. Add cream and powdered sugar and mix in a food processor or with a large whisk. Adjust powdered sugar and cream to ensure a nicely thick frosting that is still spreadable.
- Frost just the top of the cake once it's unmolded and serve chilled. This cake is even better the next day!
You might also like
Per Serving: 415 calories; 26.5 42.4 5.1 106 448 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I made this yesterday. I made the cake exactly as the recipe states except I only baked it for 35 minutes. It is a moist dense cake. Tastes wonderful. I did change the frosting by adding about 1...