Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 10 servings (10 crab cakes)
- Prepare mashed potatoes following package directions, set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, green onions, red bell pepper, parsley, mustard, and seasonings.
- Add crab meat and mix well.
- Blend in cooled potatoes until well distributed.
- Shape into 2-inch wide patties. Press panko breading onto both sides of each patty. In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon each of the butter and oil over medium heat.
- Add patties and cook for about 4 minutes on each side until golden and heated through.
- Transfer crab cakes to a baking sheet. Keep warm in oven.
- Repeat with the remaining butter, oil and patties.
- To make lemon aioli, combine all ingredients and mix well. Cover and chill. Can be made a day ahead.
- Serve warm on a bed of watercress with Lemon Aioli.
- ** Instead of 16 oz. cooked crab meat, you can substitute three 6 oz cans lump crabmeat, drained and cartilage removed.
Per Serving: 215 calories; 15.3 11.8 10.3 55 474 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I thought potatoes in crab cakes would be an interesting twist, but they didn't turn out to be a great choice. The potatoes overpowered the crab and gave the cakes a mushy, mealy texture, but t...