Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 270 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Mix tomatoes, eggplant, onion, mint, basil, and garlic powder in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until liquid has evaporated, about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Arrange bread slices on a baking sheet.
- Toast bread slices in the preheated oven until crisp, about 3 minutes per side. Let cool slightly.
- Spoon tomato mixture onto each toasted bread slice; sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Broil in the preheated oven until goat cheese is lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Step 1 can be done up to 1 day in advance and refrigerated until ready to make bruschetta; bring to room temperature prior to assembly.
- Toasting bread can be done in advance. Once slices are cooled, stored in a plastic bag until ready to assemble.
- For smaller number of servings, topping freezes well and can be portioned out to fit your family size. Thaw completely and warm slightly prior to assembly.
Per Serving: 270 calories; 4.3 g fat; 46.8 g carbohydrates; 11.7 g protein; 7 mg cholesterol; 591 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1