Ingredients30 m servings 241
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir chanterelles in hot butter until tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer chanterelles to a bowl. Melt remaining 7 tablespoons butter in the same skillet and reduce heat to low. Cook butter until it turns pale brown and gives off a nutty fragrance, about 5 minutes.
- Stir tomato and balsamic vinegar into browned butter; cook and stir until tomato is soft, about 2 minutes. Stir cooked tomato and browned butter into mushrooms.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Place scallops onto a broiler pan and broil in oven until just opaque, about 2 minutes per side. Serve scallops on a platter topped with chanterelles and sauce.
- Cook's Notes:
- To serve this as a first course, use sea scallops. Spoon a mound of champ (mashed potatoes with spring or green onions) in center of plate and arrange scallops around. Top with chanterelles.
Per Serving: 241 calories; 18.2 3.8 14.9 77 290 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
"Amazing", said the teen son and husband! We added white wine and garlic to the browned butter and simmered a bit before pouring over the pasta.
OMG is all I can say about this recipe!!!! I could not find Chantrelle mushrooms so I used baby bellas. I am on a very strict diet and cannot have a lot of fat or tomatoes so I browned the butt...
Great combo of mushrooms and scallops. I have been making the two together forever. This is a nice recipe I will make again. Be careful not to overcook the Chanterelles like I think I did, they...