Ingredients1 h servings 413
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place plantains on the prepared baking sheet; brush plantains with butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Turn plantains and bake on other side until golden brown, about 15 more minutes.
- Remove plantains from oven and make a horizontal slit down the middle of each; stuff with mozzarella cheese slices.
- Bake until cheese melts, 2 to 3 minutes.
Per Serving: 413 calories; 15.4 58.7 16.1 52 399 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Excellent. I used very ripe plantains, a cheap mozzarella, shaved, and Mrs. Renfro's (mild) salsa. Made for a great hors d'oeuvre. Thanks for the great recipe.
My first time trying this fruit! I liked the recipe, just missing some salt. Maybe I didn’t put enough cheese? I tried with garlic salt and it did taste better. A keeper for sure!